Software Engineer - Cloud Infrastructure
Seattle, WA (Remote possible)
Turbo is a virtual computing platform that lets you launch any desktop application from your browser – no installs necessary.
Turbo makes virtualization software that allows businesses, developers, and consumers to stream popular desktop applications (like Firefox, Skype, Sublime Text) over the web without installs.
Founded in 2006, Turbo.net is a profitable, rapidly growing company with a multi-million dollar revenue base. Our products are used by thousands of organizations, tens of thousands of software developers, and millions of end users.
Our engineers work on problems ranging from databases and large storage systems in our proprietary NoSQL database and distributed storage system; to networking and transport protocols, such as our machine learning-based adaptive application delivery algorithms and hybrid physical/AWS server infrastructure; to highly interactive, highly available web development employing cutting-edge platforms such as Scala and Akka.
We develop in C# and Scala, but mainly we want our developers to be able (and eager) to quickly learn new languages and technologies and embrace the latest innovations.
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to develop and debug software in one or more of C#, C/C++, Java, or Scala
- Ability to rapidly learn new languages and technologies
- Ability to work in a fast-paced atmosphere
Why work at Turbo?
- Work alongside Turbo's CEO and senior engineers
- Stock options in a profitable, rapidly growing, employee-owned company
- Awesome salary, stock options, and benefits
- Flexible hours with a generous vacation and sick leave policy
- Spontaneous company vacations to places like Hawaii, Las Vegas, and Miami
- Happy hour and catered lunches every Friday
- Game room with ping pong and N64 if you need to blow off some steam... or if you just want to play Mario Kart
- Great coworkers, zero bureaucracy, casual work environment, and a fully-stocked office kitchen