Software Engineer - Mac and Mobile
Seattle, WA (Remote possible)
Turbo is a platform that lets you build, test, deploy, and stream applications in portable containers. We currently only support Windows, but we want to go cross-platform in the immediate future, starting with Mac, iPhone/iPad, and Android versions of our VM engine. We already have multiple containerized Safari versions running side-by-side on Mac, but there’s plenty more work to be done.
Founded in 2006, Turbo.net is a profitable, rapidly growing company with a multi-million dollar revenue base. Our products are used by thousands of organizations, tens of thousands of software developers, and millions of end users.
We are completely employee-owned, have doubled in size since last year, and are excited to continue adding awesome software engineers who want to tackle problems that nobody else is facing.
- Develop a Mac version of our proprietary VM engine
- Mac internals hacking, VM architecture design, and integration with our higher-level VM constructs
- Develop and maintain Turbo mobile apps for all major mobile OSes
- Expertise in mobile application development
- Solid systems programming skills and an aptitude for quickly picking up new skills and concepts
- Passion for software engineering, research, and problem solving
- Interesting personal or professional projects
Why join Turbo?
- Work alongside Turbo’s founder & CEO to bring Turbo cross-platform
- Strong salary, large options package, and comprehensive benefits
- Flexible hours with a generous vacation and sick leave policy
- Spontaneous company vacations to places like Hawaii, Las Vegas, and Miami
- Happy hour and catered lunches every Friday
- Great coworkers, zero bureaucracy, casual work environment, and a fully-stocked office kitchen