Quality Assurance Engineer
Turbo is a virtual computing platform that lets you launch any desktop application from your browser – no installs necessary.
Turbo makes groundbreaking software that allows businesses, developers, and consumers to stream popular desktop applications over the web. Imagine simply installing a small plugin and being able to instantly run Firefox, Skype, Chrome, Spotify, or any other application without downloading it.
Founded in 2006, Turbo.net is a profitable, rapidly growing company with a multi-million dollar revenue base. We are seeking quality assurance engineers to join our virtual machine engine, server infrastructure, developer products, and web development teams.
QA engineers design and execute test plans, develop automated test and monitoring systems, assist analysis of customer technical issues, and work closely with product designers and developers to maximize product quality, performance, and reliability.
- Create, execute, and maintain comprehensive test plans. Product areas include: virtualization engine, data storage and analysis, desktop client, web site (client and server), server infrastructure, and development tools
- Design and create automated test suites to verify the performance and functionality of software products and services
- Build and test virtualized applications and analyze virtual machine errors
- Quickly learn new languages and technologies appropriate to a range of problem domains
- Work closely with developers to maximize product quality and maintain accurate defect tracking records
- Work effectively with development team members, product management, contract staff, and customer engineers to solve extremely challenging technical and design problems
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills, including experience developing software in C# or Java
- Ability to rapidly learn new technologies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or closely related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to use a computer during most work hours; and ability to work independently and with other team members in a fast-paced environment
Why work at Turbo?
- Work directly with Turbo's CEO and elite clients on a daily basis
- Be a central decision maker starting on day one
- Awesome salary, stock options, and benefits
- Flexible hours with a generous vacation and sick leave policy
- Spontaneous company vacations to places like Hawaii, Las Vegas, and Miami
- Happy hour and catered lunches every Friday
- Game room with ping pong and N64 if you need to blow off some steam... or if you just want to play Mario Kart
- Great coworkers, zero bureaucracy, casual work environment, and a fully-stocked office kitchen